NT Greek II (undergraduate)
Type of Unit
Seumas Macdonald; Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy); Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours); Bachelor of Divinity (Honours) at Moore College; MTh; PhD.
This course unit builds on A7120A Introduction to New Testament Greek. It consolidates and develops students’ knowledge of New Testament Greek and their ability to translate and exegete Greek texts.
At the end of this unit students will be able to:
- demonstrate familiarity with more advanced morphological and syntactic forms
- know and utilise a more extensive Greek vocabulary
- translate more complex New Testament Greek texts into English and make appropriate use of dictionaries, reference grammars, etc.
- demonstrate an ability to carry out textual criticism
- apply an understanding of New Testament Greek to interpretation of the New Testament
- Further study of Greek grammar and syntax
- Textual, lexical, and grammatical study of selected New Testament texts
- Translation of selected New Testament texts
- Further practice in consulting Greek/English lexicons, and theological dictionaries
- Regular quizzes on vocabulary and grammar
- Regular home assignments on translation of selected texts