NT Greek I (undergraduate)
Type of Unit
Seumas Macdonald; Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy); Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours); Bachelor of Divinity (Honours) at Moore College; MTh; PhD.
This course unit introduces the student to the elements of New Testament Greek and enables the student to begin to develop professional skills in New Testament exegesis and translation.
At the end of this unit students will be able to:
- demonstrate familiarity with basic Grammar and Syntax of New Testament Greek
- memorize basic Greek vocabulary
- translate selected texts into English
- use dictionaries and concordances
- apply the knowledge of New Testament Greek to translating the New Testament
- Greek alphabet, basics of Greek grammar and syntax
- Textual, lexical, and grammatical study of selected New Testament texts
- Translation of selected New Testament texts
- Introduction to working with Greek/English dictionaries, and concordances
- Regular tests on vocabulary, grammar and translation
- Regular homework on grammar and translation.