NT Greek I (postgraduate)
Type of Unit
Seumas Macdonald; Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy); Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours); Bachelor of Divinity (Honours) at Moore College; MTh; PhD.
This course unit introduces the student to the elements of New Testament Greek and enables the student to begin to develop professional skills in New Testament exegesis and translation.
At the end of this unit students will be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of the basic Grammar and Syntax of New Testament Greek
- demonstrate the knowledge of, and the ability to use, Greek vocabulary
- display competency in translating selected texts into English
- exhibit an ability to use dictionaries and concordances
employ their knowledge to read critical exegetical commentaries on biblical texts
- Greek alphabet, basics of Greek grammar and syntax
- Textual, lexical, and grammatical study of selected New Testament texts
- Translation of selected New Testament texts
- Introduction to working with Greek/English dictionaries, and concordances
- Regular tests on vocabulary, grammar and translation
- Regular homework on grammar and translation.