St. Cyril’s Coptic Orthodox Theological College exists for the Glory of God the Father, as a witness to Christ His Son, in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. This is actualised through the theological education and spiritual formation of the faithful, who are called to serve the Church of Christ either as clergy or laity.
By God’s grace, St. Cyril’s aspires to be an educational institution which is faithful to the Orthodox Christian faith as lived and experienced by the Coptic Orthodox Church throughout her history spanning two millennia. Witnessing to the Orthodox faith entrusted once for all to the saints, St. Cyril’s aims to explore and present this faith within a rigorous educational framework, in harmony with our modern Australian context, without losing sight of the spiritual dimension of authentic Orthodox theology and education.
The values which guide St. Cyril’s are:
- Faith in, and witness to the Gospel, as experienced and lived by the Orthodox Church.
- To articulate this faith to those within the Coptic Orthodox Community and those outside of it.
- To view the educational endeavour as not only an intellectual transformation, but a transformation of the whole person.
- To teach the unchanging faith of the Apostolic Church, within a 21st century context.
- To develop and deepen our connection with the broader Christian community, especially with the Orthodox communities to which we are ecclesiologically and organically linked.
- To be honest servants of the College and the Church.
- To encourage all members of the College to live the full life of the Christian calling.
- To expect College staff and students to act with honesty, integrity and professionalism.