St Cyril’s 2017 Fee Schedule
Includes Diploma of Christian Studies and Bachelor Theology – $750 AUD
Postgraduate Coursework Units
Includes Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, & Master of Arts – $1050 AUD
Postgraduate Research Degrees
Includes Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Ministry, Doctor of Philosophy & Doctor of Theology – Please contact the Research Director of the SCD.
Audit Students (i.e. without assessment or credit)
For all undergraduate and postgraduate units – $350 AUD
Methods of Payment
Tuition fees are charged on a semester basis, prior to commencement. Enrolment will not be complete til payment of fees, or submission of a FEE-HELP form. No classes (face to face or online/distance) may be attended til this is complete. Students may withdraw from a unit without financial penalty only if notice of withdrawal is submitted in writing to the Registrar by 4:00pm on the Census Date of the relevant semester. For Semester 2, 2017 this is August 28. If withdrawal is within the specified deadlines a full refund of fees may be requested (minus a small withdrawal fee).
Domestic students (i.e. Australian Citizens) may pay via:
- Up front by direct account transfer (EFT), or credit card (VISA and MasterCard only) via paypal;
- FEE-HELP loan from the Federal Government for the full or partial tuition fee
Overseas students (studying via distance/online education) may pay via:
- Up front by direct account transfer (EFT), or credit card (VISA and MasterCard only) via paypal – all in AUD;
- Fee-HELP loan (only if meets the special conditions below)
Once an Application for Admission and Enrolment Form have been received, the Registrar will contact you in regards to Fee-HELP and payment options.
FEE‑HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible fee paying students pay all or part of their tuition fees. The total amount of FEE‑HELP a person can use is known as the ‘FEE‑HELP limit’. Once a person begins using FEE‑HELP, the amount of FEE‑HELP they have left to use is known as their ‘FEE‑HELP balance’.
Am I eligible for FEE‑HELP?
You are eligible for FEE‑HELP if you:
- are studying at an approved FEE‑HELP provider (i.e. St Cyril’s);
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements:
- you are an Australian citizen or a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets the long-term residency criteria and who will undertake, in Australia, at least one unit of study contributing to your course; OR
- you are a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your unit; OR
- you are a permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study;
- are enrolled in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit; and
- have not exceeded the FEE‑HELP limit (see below).
How much can I borrow?
Eligible students can borrow up to the FEE‑HELP limit to pay their tuition fees. For 2017, the FEE‑HELP limit is $100,879 for most students. The FEE‑HELP limit is a lifetime limit and is not reset or ‘topped up’ by any repayments that you make.
Is there a loan fee?
There is no loan fee for any postgraduate study. There is, however, a loan fee of 25% for FEE‑HELP loans for undergraduate courses of study only. The loan fee does not count towards your FEE‑HELP limit. There is no interest charged on HELP debts but your accumulated HELP debt is subject to indexation.
When do I have to repay my HELP debt?
You have to start repaying your HELP debt through the taxation system once your repayment income is above the compulsory repayment threshold. The compulsory repayment threshold for the 2016-17 income year is $54,869. If you never earn more than this you do not have to repay the debt. The amount you repay each year is a percentage of your repayment income. The ATO will calculate your compulsory repayment for the year and include it on your income tax notice of assessment.
How do I apply?
To apply for a FEE-HELP loan, you will need a tax file number (TFN) and a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form (this is available from the registrar after an Application for Admission is made). Before you sign and submit your form you must read the FEE-HELP information booklet. The form will ask you to provide your TFN. If you don’t have a TFN, contact the ATO on 13 28 61 for TFN information. You must submit the signed and completed form to your provider before the census date or administrative date. If you do not submit your form on or before the census date, you will not be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
For more information please see the Fee-HELP brochure.
Make a Payment Now
Please go to St Cyril’s Online Payment Gateway.